Thursday, March 10, 2016

No words

I post these pictures only to show the depth of his illness. My words and blog posts can only express so much, but this is the image I've seen too many times. It is so unfair for him, and for me, and I just don't understand why we deserve this. I am at a loss for words and I can't stop crying.

We are still waiting for news, any news, as to what is going on. It appears that the neurological symptoms are separate from the respiratory issues. All cultures have been negative, though there is a chance an infection may not be found since he is on consistent antibiotics at home, and that may mask any new infection. He has had significant changes in his blood pressure and heart rate the past 24 hours with no explanation.

As far as his neurological symptoms, the common consensus is that one of his chemotherapy medications may have caused some alteration in his brain function (as his MRI showed some abnormalities that we not present several months ago), though there is no direct correlation or documented connection to date. We also do not know what affect the abnormalities have had, or if it is temporary or permanent. We are working with the oncologist and now neurologist to potentially change his chemotherapy protocol.

Thank you for the continued support.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Chardonnay,these pictures make my heart break. I pray for peace and comfort for your sweet boy. You and your family are always in my thoughts. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strength and courage can only last so long then you need to sob,scream, and yell that this is not fair. One thing remains constant in Conley's world of unknowns: he knows he is deeply loved. Ive watched him just cozy into mommy's arms and feel safe. He is safe despite all of his challenges because mommy will never stop advocating for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No words are adequate. If I were a praying person I'd say I'm praying for you, but all I can offer is my very human empathy. No one has done anything to deserve something like this, sadly, it just happens. Cancer, illness, all of that is no respector of persons or religions. I can only say that this little boy whom I've never met has touched my heart so very deeply. Much love and respect to you and your entire family. Wishing for comfort to surround the breaking hearts. Thank you to Chardonnay and you for sharing this journey. Jonnie Owens

      Delete
  4. Strength and courage can only last so long then you need to sob,scream, and yell that this is not fair. One thing remains constant in Conley's world of unknowns: he knows he is deeply loved. Ive watched him just cozy into mommy's arms and feel safe. He is safe despite all of his challenges because mommy will never stop advocating for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chardonnay - you have been a pillar of strength. Conley is such a special soul. We all love him so much - and we all love you. We continue to pray for peace and comfort. We pray for his doctors to find the source of the fluid in his lungs, so that they can determine a treatment plan. I wish anything and everything in the world that your sweet, sweet boy didn't have to go through this. Please give him a hug and a kiss for us. - Denise, Ron, Kaitlyn and Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an amazing mom. We continue to pray for you and your beautiful Conley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the information, interesting post. I hope this content can be benefits for anyone. cara menyembuhkan diare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Chardonnay. My heart is breaking with you. I don't know why. No, y'all don't deserve this, and please don't think y'all have done ANYTHING to "deserve" this. No one does. It is absolutely unfair. It's not right. It's tragic. It's shitty. It's painful and heartbreaking and terrible. All I can say is that he is so very very loved. So are you, Jonathan, and Choice. We are here for whatever you need. I am constantly praying for y'all for strength, peace, comfort, hope, and healing of any capacity. He is so amazing and so strong and so perfect. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete